My diary

    From the moment I open my eyes in the morning, my mind buzzes with ideas for writing. First, I plan my day; then, I write in my diary, and since I'm a bookworm now, I allocate a few hours for reading every day.

 

Last, I try to write 500 words of my autobiography, 'A Life Journey.' Some days, I spend a few hours looking after my grandson, and then if there is any time left, I do keep fit.

 

At present, I'm reading two books, three magazines and studying a Creative Writing Course. 

 

One of the books I'm reading is Suttree, by Cormac McCarthy.

"This compelling novel has as its protagonist Cornelius Suttree, living alone and in exile in a disintegrating house-boat on the wrong side of the Tennessee River close by Knoxville. He stays at the edge of an outcast community inhabited by eccentrics, criminals, and the poverty-stricken. Rising above the physical and human squalor around him, his detachment and wry humour enable him to survive dereliction and poverty with dignity."

A very well written book!

Comments

Popular Posts