Imposter Syndrome


"I hope you enjoyed working on assignment F8, even though you didn't find it easy. You have done very well!"

Those words are music to my ears.

As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I've been studying a writing course for over a year now. But never had a positive reply like the above, when submitted an assignment.

Of course, I'm very excited! 

On the other hand, my imposter syndrome is nagging me and saying; "Don't get too excited. They're only a few words of encouragement to help you along."

There's a voice on the other side of my head saying; "But look how far you've come, and how much you've learned. Celebrate your achievements!" 

So, onwards and upwards.

Right now I need to start on next assignment, which is a lot tougher. At least, it seems to me.

Comments

Popular Posts